|28 Moccasin Lane, Rolling Hills Estates, CA 90274 | (310) 378-1253 | email@example.com
|staff | about us | what we believe | photos | events | service time & directions | contact us
sermons | online giving | pastors blog | home | small groups
|“For I know the thoughts that
I think toward you, says the
LORD, thoughts of peace and
not of evil, to give you a
future and a hope. Then you
will call upon Me and go and
pray to Me, and I will listen to
you. And you will seek Me and
find Me, when you search for
Me with all your heart.”
|PRAYER, IN PRACTICE
In theory, prayer sounds great. It moves mountains and opens doors and changes the world.
In practice? Well, a lot of us have never stuck with it long enough to find out.
We forget to pray. We wonder if we're doing it right. We're not sure how to break the 4-minute mark.
There's a better way.
This workbook is built on a novel idea--that the best way to learn to pray is to pray. In practicing prayer,
we discover its power to connect us to God and His people, to transform our hearts and minds.
In these pages, J.L. Gerhardt walks you through straightforward ways to make prayer a habit, leading
you in new (and sometimes very old) ways of praying. Her hope is to provide the skills.
1. Just Do It- Because if you want to pray more you’re gonna have to pray 2.more
2. Jumping Hurdles- How to get past what's keeping you away
3. How to Pray In 60 Seconds or Less-A lesson on prayer from a bonafide expert
4. Thanks. A lot.- New ways to be very, very grateful
5. How Awesome -Learning to praise
6. Over Coffee -Getting closer to God
7. For Me? -7 Requests you can't not make
8. We, The People -On praying for others
9. Not Done Yet -Time to make a plan
Wednesday mornings at 8:00am at 21515 Figueroa Street, Carson.
Wednesday evenings at 6pm at 2151 Johnson Court, Torrance.
For more information, contact: Olivia Truhlar at 310-323-9612.
SUNDAY MORNINGS, 9:30AM, ROOM 1
BEGINS MARCH 3RD